My name is Chuka Anyafo and I'm a student-athlete at UNC-Asheville. I want to discuss why food matters and how it enhances our human experience. I think food is important for a number of reasons. It's necessary for sustaining life and fueling our bodies. It can also be viewed as an extension of a particular group's ethnicity or culture. Depending on where in the world a person lives, certain resources will be available for people while they could be inaccessible for others. So with that in mind, people's diets across the world can differ significantly if they live in a city or a rural area. A person's diet will also differ greatly depending on the socioeconomic status of the person. I want to elaborate more on the cultural aspect of food. The way a meal is prepared and consumed is important to a particular group's cultural identity and what makes us different. The preparing of a meal involves skill, precision, and flair. As a group of people come together to enjoy the meal, memories can be made and the aura of nostalgia will make the event more meaningful. Food is important to bring families closer together and also to encourage strangers to engage one another over a meal.
No comments:
Post a Comment